Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Thanks to grants from the Nellie Mae Foundation and the William Caspar Graustein Memorial Fund, CABE has created this Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion section on our website. It provides information, articles, equity lenses, and assessment tools for Boards to use in examining policies and practices on issues of equity and diversity and ensuring that every student has the opportunity to thrive.
We hope you find these tools helpful. Check back periodically as more resources will be added.
Click here for more information on the CABE Diversity Committee.
Articles of Interest:
The Connecticut State Board of Education's Five-year Comprehensive Plan, 2016-21
Supporting Latino Students
Truth, Reconciliation and the Path Forward
Good News and Bad: CT Does Well Overall, But, Achievement Gap Persists
UCLA Hails Connecticut Integration Efforts
What Can We Learn from the Perspective of Black Teachers? - by Robert Rader
Do You Know What A ‘Microaggression’ Is? - by Robert Rader
- Juneteenth: A Personal Reflection By Martha C. Brackeen-Harris, EdD, CABE Consultant
- Juneteenth--"Now Work for All of Us" by Robert Rader, Executive Director, CABE
- Dr. Ibram Kendi will be head of the BU Center for Antiracist Research this fall. He had an informal conversation with the Boston Globe last week. We’ll be reaching out to him to introduce him to you and our work. https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/06/20/arts/read-it-ibram-x-kendi-how-build-an-antiracist-movement/
- The anger was palpable in 1968. It will be with us as long as racism still infects us. - By James Thompson, Jr.
- From NSBA - Charges for Committee on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- From Brookfield Board of Education - Resolution on Promoting Diversity and Equity
- The MidAtlantic Equity Consortium has a robust website with materials and timely archived webinars. https://maec.org
- Racial Equity Tool
- Engaging in Self-Reflection and Growth for Equity Tool
- Equity Lens Bookmark
- Book Review of Excellence Through Equity - by Robert Rader
- NSBA Equity Brief