Due to the COVID-19 environment in which we continue to live and in an effort to do all we can to keep our Convention participants safe and healthy, we feel it prudent to limit Convention registration. At this time, we are at capacity and are maintaining a waiting list. If space becomes available we will move people from the waiting list to active Convention registrant status.
To get on the waiting list please contact Nancy Propfe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions, please contact Lisa Steimer at email@example.com or 860-571-7446.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Connecticut Lighthouse Project
Sponsored in part by the Connecticut State Department of Education
Strengthening School Boards - Improving Student Achievement
What is the Connecticut Lighthouse Project?
Lighthouse training provides the opportunity for introspective conversations and a renewed focus on improving student achievement. Lighthouse is a research-based program developed by the Iowa School Boards Association in partnership with multi-state coalition, including Connecticut.
Do you want your board to:
- Work effectively with the superintendent as a collaborative leadership team to focus priorities around high achievement for all students in the district?
- Monitor the conditions and beliefs necessary for improving teaching and learning in the district and provide leadership to address issues around those conditions and beliefs?
- Base decisions about resources and budget on goals and vision for the district with high achievement and continuous improvement for all students as the priority?
- Conduct meetings that are efficient and effective that focus primarily on student achievement and other district priorities?
- Monitor disaggregated student performance data by grade and by school as presented by the administration?
- Communicate clearly the goals and expectations for the district, staff, students, and community with an emphasis on high achievement for all students in the district?
Ansonia Public Schools**
Brooklyn Public Schools
Colchester Public Schools*
Columbia Public Schools*
Danbury Public Schools
Killingly Public Schools**
New London Public Schools
Norwalk Public Schools
Norwich Public Schools**
Regional School District #1**
Shelton Public Schools
Stafford Public Schools*
Suffield Public Schools**
Vernon Public Schools**
Waterbury Public Schools
Westbrook Public Schools
Winchester Public Schools
Windham Public Schools
Windsor Public Schools
Wolcott Public Schools
* Received training in specific Lighthouse Modules
** Completed Foundational Training Program