Say Thanks To The Boss
CABE Can Help
Now you can say "thanks" to the boss who supports you as a school board member. Upon the recommendation of any Connecticut school board member who is regularly employed (salaried or hourly), CABE Executive Director Robert Rader will send a letter of commendation to the board member’s employer, along with a certificate suitable for framing.
The purpose of the CABE Employer Commendation Program is to recognize those employers which make a special point of encouraging and supporting employees who serve on school boards. The award will also:
• acknowledge that there is a school board member on staff;
• acknowledge that the employer views school board service as an essential and demanding community activity;
• recognize that serving on a school board takes time and requires understanding of the employer;
• reinforce the employer’s commitment to support school board members;
• encourage other employers to see that commitment and adopt a similar posture; and
• encourage all employers and employees to view school board service as a valuable avocation.
If you are employed by a business or institution that supports your school board work and would like the Connecticut Association of Boards of Education to send your boss a letter and certificate of commendation, complete the request form and mail it to CABE.
There is no cost for this acknowledgement!