Superintendents and Board Chairs
How can you help new board members reach the top?
|The first year as a school board member can be a steep climb. There's a critical range of information to learn in a short time. To ensure a good foothold, board members must have the right tools at their disposal when duty calls. The New Board Member Packet contains just the right gear a newly elected board member needs.|
The packet includes:
- Becoming a Better Board Member
- Responsibilities of Board of Education Membership
- CABE Board Meeting Guide
- Education Law Summaries
- Parliamentary Procedures Card
- Connecticut Glossary of School Board Terms
- Telling Your Story
- Robert's Rules
- Collective Bargaining Handbook
- Media and Efffective Lobbying Tips
These books and guides answer questions you might have heard as a board member. For example:
- What is the difference between a policy and an administrative regulation?
- What authority does a board member have outside the board meeting?
- What is binding arbitration?
- When can you go into executive session?
- Where can I get information on parliamentary procedures?
- What are my responsibilities as a board of education member?
New board members, seasoned veterans, and even superintendents can benefit from these helpful guides. This packet is your key to making it to the top as a successful school board leader.
The packet of books, booklets, tip charts (plus much more) costs only $85 for CABE member districts and $170 for non-member districts. Order now and have them ready after the election for your new board members.
Order New Board Member Packets Online
CLICK HERE to print an order form for New Board Member Packets