You have 1 PagePop. View
Questions for School Board Candidates
- What motivates you to want to become a board member?
- What attributes are essential for successful school board members?
- What do you see as the board’s roles and responsibilities?
- What role does policy play/have in the functioning of the board?
- Do you have sufficient time/energy to devote to this position?
- How would you handle the requests, if approached, by an individual? Special interest groups?
- What qualities, behaviors should board members exhibit?
- What are the basic requirements for successful school boardsmanship?
- What is your vision for education in this community?
- Do you understand the role of the superintendent? Describe the superintendent’s role.
- Do board members/the board have a role in the day-to-day operation of the district?Can you/should you support a board decision that you were not in favor of?
- What do you see as the primary work of the board?
- What kind of relationship should a district/the board have with its community? With its parents and families?
- How can a board know if its goals are being accomplished and its policies carried out?
- Who should set the rules governing board procedures, methods and behavior? Who should enforce them?
- With one or two meetings a month, all school boards are limited in what they can do. How does/should the board decide what’s most important?
- How can the board be accessible to your community?
- How can you contribute to a successful board meeting?
- What responsibilities do board members have regarding advocacy?
- What do you think is expected of you as a board member?
- Why are school boards necessary?
- What are the leadership responsibilities of school board members?
- What are the current challenges facing education/school boards?
- What is the most important responsibility of a school board?
- What is the public relations role of a school board?
- Is membership on the board of education compatible with your present position?