Other Vacancy Opportunities
SHELTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Supervisor of Special Education
John J. Allison, Jr. Polaris Center
East Hartford Connecticut
Deadline: March 23,2020
Job ID#: 8236
CREC's John J. Allison, Jr. Polaris Center in East Hartford seeks a dynamic principal to lead a growing therapeutic school program in East Hartford. Polaris serves students K-21 with social, emotional and behavioral challenges. Experienced professional with a demonstrated history of providing leadership, supervision and support to staff and students in alternative settings. The successful candidate will continue to lead a strong academic and therapeutic program that infuses educational, behavioral and emotional supports into the daily schedule. The principal will work closely with colleagues and districts to ensure high quality, individualized programming that is consistent with the school’s overall mission, vision, values and goals.
- Provide leadership and direction for overall therapeutic programming
- Foster strong collaborative relationships with local education agencies and community partners to ensure the best outcomes for students
- Facilitate PPT meetings and provide oversight and guidance around reports and PPT documents written by staff
- Ensure an effective intake process that responds to district and student needs in a timely and comprehensive manner
- Understand multi-tiered systems of support and how to adapt systems to an alternative environment.
- Provide leadership and direction in the areas of curriculum, instruction and assessment including oversight of effective instructional practices
- Plan and facilitate a professional learning community including oversight and planning of professional development
- Interview, select and orient new faculty
- Supervise and evaluate faculty and staff including classroom observation, professional dialogue, and defining expectations for faculty performance with regard to instructional strategies, classroom management and communication with parents
- Create schedules and manage daily operations of the program
- Manage school budget and allocate school resources appropriately
- Compile and maintain all reports, records and other documents required, including accurate and timely reports
- Plan an oversee an extended school year program that meets the needs of the student population and districts
- Develop and follow clearly articulated plans for daily operations and implementation of student services, including support services, discipline management and crisis intervention
- CT Educational Leadership certification (092), with at least 4 years in an administrative role preferred
- Experience working within an alternative program with the targeted population
- Knowledge of Special Education protocols and experience working with children, adolescents, and young adults with social, emotional and behavioral challenges that impact academic functioning.
- Experience supervising and evaluating certified and non-certified staff.
- Minority and bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Ability and eagerness to champion the therapeutic day school model, building upon the current foundation to further enhance student achievement
- Belief that all students can learn at high levels
- Commitment to the vision, mission, values and goals of CREC Excellent salary and benefits package.
Please apply online at www.crec.org EOE, M/F
This transmission, including any HIPAA-related attachments or information, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information, including information protected by law. If you are NOT the intended recipient, your further review, use, or disclosure of this transmission is prohibited. Please reply to the sender or send a copy of this email to email@example.com to notify CREC that you are not the intended recipient. Thank you.