2021 CABE/CAPSS CONVENTION
Civility, Diversity, and Student Voice
One Day Only! • Friday, November 12, 2021
Mystic Marriott Hotel, Groton
The CABE/CAPSS Convention provides Connecticut board of education members and superintendents the opportunity to acquire knowledge through general sessions and workshops that can help them prepare students to be successful in the 21st Century. Attend the Convention and experience a day focused on student growth. Hear from top-level education thought leaders on the latest educational initiatives, celebrate Connecticut's talented students, network with school leaders from throughout the State.
Your health and safety are our top priority and we have implemented the following measures to promote the health and well-being of Convention participants and the staffs of CABE, CAPSS, and the Mystic Marriot:
• We will adhere to COVID-19 safety guidelines established by CDC, CT DPH, local health authorities, and the Mystic Marriott. We will share any special protocols for our event with you as the date approaches.
• In accordance with local guidelines, masks are required for all people in public spaces, regardless of vaccination status. We are reviewing and will adjust our plans to take into account means of materials distribution to minimize lines at registration, and provide safe spaces for networking and learning.
• We ask that anyone who is feeling ill or showing signs of COVID-19 to remain home. If you have had contact with or been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to the event, we ask that you remain home. If you are unable to participate in the CABE/CAPSS Convention for a COVID-19 related reason, please know let us know immediately and we will work with you on your registration.
• To help people be as comfortable as possible while meeting in-person, we will be offering color dots for you to attach to your nametag to share with your fellow conference participants your level of comfort in interacting with others.
Green – I am happy to have a cup of coffee and talk with you.
Yellow – I am happy to talk with you, but let’s keep socially distanced.
Red – I am not comfortable interacting with others right now, but I am happy to see you!
COVID-19 safety protocols will be updated as new information becomes available and local restrictions are amended.
Thank you for helping us create a safe and successful experience for all. We appreciate your continued support during these unprecedented times and look forward to seeing you soon!
Early Registration Now Open!
Early registration is now open for CABE 2021-2022 member board members, CAPSS member superintendents, and CABE business and education affiliates!
Be a part of Connecticut's premier professional development for educational leaders.
Click here to learn more about the 2021 CABE/CAPSS Convention and for the registration form.
Click here to register online.
(Log in and click on the event tab)
Click here for instructions on how to log in to our new database.
Choose From Nearly 20 Dynamic Sessions
Plus a package of recorded sessions you can access at your convenience.
Benefits of Attending
- Ensure you understand the skills that will enable students to be successful in the 21st Century by attending a variety of thought-provoking workshops, clinics, and general sessions delivered by local and national experts.
- Potentially save your district money and enable staff to be more efficient by speaking with vendors in the Exhibit Hall.
- Connect with other members of Connecticut's educational leadership community to find invaluable support by sharing experiences and solutions with others.
Mystic Marriott Hotel
625 North Road, Route 117
Groton CT 06340
Those attending the annual CABE/CAPSS Convention have been guaranteed a room rate of $153.
This rate of $153 is guaranteed only until 4:00 pm on October 15, 2021. After this date, reservations for Convention participants are based on availability and are offered at the prevailing rate.
You may make reservations with the Mystic Marriott online through https://book.passkey.com/go/CABE2021. The negotiated rate code is already entered in the appropriate field, allowing you to quickly make your room reservation. You may also call the hotel's reservation department at 877-901-6632. Purchase orders are NOT accepted; however, credit cards are accepted.