New Board Member Packet
|The first year as a school board member can be a steep climb. There's a critical range of information to learn in a short time. To ensure a good foothold, board members must have the right tools at their disposal when duty calls. The New Board Member Packet contains just the right gear a newly elected board member needs.
These books and guides answer questions you might have heard as a board member. For example:
- What is the difference between a policy and an administrative regulation?
- What authority does a board member have outside the board meeting?
- What is binding arbitration?
- When can you go into executive session?
- Where can I get information on parliamentary procedures?
- What are my responsibilities as a board of education member?
New board members, seasoned veterans, and even superintendents can benefit from these helpful guides. This packet is your key to making it to the top as a successful school board leader.
The packet of books, booklets, tip charts (plus much more) costs only $85 for CABE member districts and $170 for non-member districts. Order now and have them ready after the election for your new board members.
CLICK HERE to print an order form for New Board Member Packets