Right off the press!
The 3rd edition!
published by the National School Boards Association
This book is based on the experience and expertise of hundreds of board members and educators across the country and is designed to help in the ongoing professional development of board of education members.
Whether you are a novice board member or a veteran, whether your school district is large or small, urban or rural, the book will provide you with advice and information to help you fulfill your responsibilities.
Some of the chapters included in this 300 plus page book are:
- Getting on Board
- Exercising Board Leadership
- The Board as Decision Maker
- Evaluating the Superintendent
- The Board and the District Staff
- School Boards and Collective Bargaining
- Fundamentals of School Finance
- Curriculum: The No. 1 Program
- Communications For You and Your Board
- Your Personal Life