Policy Update Service
What is the Policy Update Service?
The Policy Update Service serves as a guidance tool to help maintain and keep your policy manual up-to-date.
The Update Service is mailed to the District four times during the school year. Each issue contains either new topics of interest or policy implications that were affected by state, federal, or judicial decisions.
Each section is prefaced with a complete explanation of the topic as well as sample policies and regulations that are ready to be implemented into the district's policy manual.
Below is a sampling of the topics that will be discussed in the first update mailing which will be sent to subscribing districts in November 2017. This issue contains materials pertaining to a number of topics for your information and use.
- P.A. 17-118 An Act Concerning Pregnant Women in the Workplace
- P.A. 17-127: An Act Concerning Discriminatory Practices Against Veterans, Leaves of Absence for National Guard Members, Application for Certain Medicaid Programs and Disclosure of Certain Records to Federal Military Law Enforcement
- PA 17-142: An Act Requiring Administrators of Certain Retirement Plans to Disclose Conflicts of Interest
- P.A. 17- 194: An Act Concerning Access to Student Records for Certain Unaccompanied Youths
- Board Member Use of Social Media
- Website Accessibility for the Disabled
- English Learners
Becoming an Update Subscriber provides the District an opportunity to stay on top of issues while maintaining their manual one step at a time. In addition, if done diligently, it will avoid having to redo the manual and having to start from the beginning. This is a saving in time, effort and cost.
Quarterly Policy Update Service -- $325 – This service provides districts with updates for existing policy manuals reflecting changes in the state and federal law and any judicial action affecting policy and current policy topics of importance and interest. The quarterly Policy Update Publication includes hard copy and CD in MS Word format.
For more information about this service, please contact Vincent A. Mustaro, Senior Staff Associate for Policy Service.